-MEMPHIS IN MAY:
1) what a fantastic weekeed we had down in Memphis ( well, not exactly IN Memphis, but close enough!) Check out the new race day blog for photos, links to our results, and descriptions of events here
1) The BIKE WASH is coming up this weekend: It is Sunday, May 26 from 9:30-3:00pm. If you haven't already, sign up here for your shift! We need as many people there as possible, and the more money we raise, the less you have to pay for summer races and nationals! Look out for info on who will be driving you up there. Also, if you have family in the area, encourage them to come out and support the team!
1) Good job updating the facebook page to arrange group rides, weight lifting and runs! Keep it up, and try your best to check the page often to make sure you can get your workouts in!
1) Weight lifting protocol resumes this week! That means you should go for 30-minutes, at least 2x/week. Make sure that you weight lifting is your LAST workout of the day and that you do not lift on an off day!
2) Starting this week, we will be implementing hip and knee injury prevention exercises 4x/week. These do not take very long, maybe 15-20 minutes, but they are vital to building up small muscles that will prevent you from getting injured. We will go over this protocol before swim, at 8pm on the pool deck. I'll send a reminder email out about that.
3) If you have time, do the ABS! These also take very little time if you do them every day, and this will build up your core, and give you that gorgeous summer glow you've always wanted!
1) Jason tried to find Will's CTA card, but with no success! However, he has hidden something up on the Skokie Valley Trail! I assume there's a prize if you find it, plus then you get to hide something else! Let's keep this going folks, and check out the facebook page for clues
1) Our end of the year banquet will be Tuesday June 4th at 5:30PM in Harris Hall L07. We will be showing a video montage of this year, giving out superlatives, and reminiscing about the year it has been. It is a recovery day so there shouldn't be any workouts in the way! Immediately after we will be heading over to Rich's house (2021 Ridge) at around 6:30 for an old-fashioned BBQ with burgers, dogs, you name it! It will be a fun get-together for the end of the year!! If you are coming (or not), please fill out this form!
2) Superlatives: Also, we need help choosing superlatives for everyone! Fill out this form to nominate people on the team for superlatives! Nominations are anonymous (I promise) and you can vote for yourself, or whoever else you want, for as many superlatives as you want! If you have two people that you can't decide between, put them both down! Even if you can't make the banquet, make sure to do the nominations!!
1) We're totes hanging out. Get your tanks! Look out for info about dillo coming up soon. FYI I saw a real armadillo during the race...it looked exactly like the one on the shirt.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
TAKE OUT THE GARBAGE-- said everyone about Memphis.
SHOUT OUT OF THE WEEK!
Thanks so much to Mr. and Mrs. Barbera, Jaclyn and Michael for coming down to Memphis! The Barbera's treated us to some fantastic (and authentic) Memphis grub, AND they let us use their hotel room for showering after the race (which saved us from some pretty stinky car rides). Jaclyn and Michael brought down all of our gear, set EVERYTHING up at the campsite, and took pictures and cheered through the heat! Thank you all for your help and support: without you, we would not be able to have such successful races.
If you have any submissions (race reports or announcements for the team) for the TWT please email me at