1) I've heard the bike wash was a lot of fun! Hopefully you guys made mad dollar billz! Please send me any pictures that you took so that I can post them on our FB page and website! Also, if you have any suggestions for next year, comment on this blog below!
-The Annual Mile Time Trial
1) I heard it was a great success in its own way. Congrats guys! Another great weekend for the tri team. Send me pictures :).
1) Good job updating the facebook page to arrange group rides, weight lifting and runs! Keep it up, and try your best to check the page often to make sure you can get your workouts in!
1) Weight lifting protocol continues this week! That means you should go for 30-minutes, at least 2x/week. Make sure that you weight lifting is your LAST workout of the day and that you do not lift on an off day! I know we haven't been going as much as a group, so let's continue trying to arrange group workouts for this (shout out to JOHAN for a valiant effort earlier this week)
2) Starting this week, we will be implementing hip and knee injury prevention exercises 4x/week. These do not take very long, maybe 15-20 minutes, but they are vital to building up small muscles that will prevent you from getting injured. I will upload the document tomorrow morning to the website and Facebook page. Sorry about the delay, I've been waiting for a PDF. If you were not at the workshop on Thursday, ask someone who was about how to do the exercises.
3) If you have time, do the ABS! These also take very little time if you do them every day, and this will build up your core, and give you that gorgeous summer glow you've always wanted!
1) Jason tried to find Will's CTA card, but with no success! However, he has hidden something up on the Skokie Valley Trail! I assume there's a prize if you find it, plus then you get to hide something else! Let's keep this going folks, and check out the facebook page for clues
1) Our end of the year banquet will be Tuesday June 4th at 5:30PM in Harris Hall L07. We will be showing a video montage of this year, giving out superlatives, and reminiscing about the year it has been. It is a recovery day so there shouldn't be any workouts in the way! Immediately after we will be heading over to Rich's house (2021 Ridge) at around 6:30 for an old-fashioned BBQ with burgers, dogs, you name it! It will be a fun get-together for the end of the year!! If you are coming (or not), please fill out this form!
2) Superlatives: Also, we need help choosing superlatives for everyone! Fill out this form to nominate people on the team for superlatives! Nominations are anonymous (I promise) and you can vote for yourself, or whoever else you want, for as many superlatives as you want! If you have two people that you can't decide between, put them both down! Even if you can't make the banquet, make sure to do the nominations!!
1) Dillo Day plans are underway! There will be some sort of girl's brunch at MY HOUSE and the boys will do what boys do somewhere else...we're meeting up at some point to "hang out" with the frisbee and swim club teams too! Stay tuned for info via email and the Facebook page.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
Its different for most NU triathletes, but not for those going to Kansas 70.3, you guys have a workout on Dillo Day. Sorry, there was no way around it.-- Brett Petersen lol.....Dillo Day Workouts.
SHOUT OUT OF THE WEEK!
Shout out to Nour! I hope your arm recovers well, and I'm so sorry you got hit! Hopefully we can all continue to be safe on the road and avoid scary injuries! Be well NOUR!
If you have any submissions (race reports or announcements for the team) for the TWT please email me at