1) We will be having a swim clinic with Coach Brett and Coach Emily on Sunday morning, October 27th, at 9:30 AM, instead of our bike/run. Please mark your calendars and try to attend this, as it will be a great opportunity to work on your stroke with our knowledgable coaches!
2) Interested in a running race? We've gotten info for MANY coming up soon. People have already signed up for many of these, just ask around at practice!
-Saturday Nov 2, 2013 1pm: India Run for Hope 5K (sign up here)
-Saturday Nov 2, 2013 time TBD: Sigma Nu and American Red Cross Club 5K (sign up TBA)
-Sunday Nov 3, 2013 7am: Hot Chocolate 15/5K (sign up here)
-Saturday Nov 9, 2013 730am: Chicago Perfect 10 10K and 10 mile run (sign up here)
-Saturday January 25, 2013 10am: F^3 Winter Lake Half Marathon (sign up here)
3) Speaking of races, the Krispy Kreme 5K is coming up this weekend, Sunday October 20 at 10am! WE NEED YOU TO VOLUNTEER! Sign up here to do this! It's a lot of fun and everyone gets donuts!
4) Take a look at the Phylometrics Training Session page! It's 6:30 on Tuesdays and it's FREE, hosted by Wheel and Sprocket.
5) Get your DUES in, folks! Believe it or not, dues are due in just a month, and the sooner you get them in, the better! Dues are $175, and this covers all of our coaching, car transportation, lodging, a lot of nationals and much more! There will be a complimentary team cap and t-shirt after everyone gets their dues in!
6) If you're new to the team, please check out our merchandise page and get some gear! You can check it out here, and it's easy to pick it up from Michael during practices! Just let him know what you'd like and bring cash or a check, made out to Northwestern University (and have the note say "Northwestern Triathlon").
7) A BIG thanks to everyone who helped with the Chicago Marathon Expo! You guys rock!
1) We've got some BIKE offers!
- 2004 Cervelo Dual, 56cm. Probably for someone in the 5'10'' to 6' range. If you are interested, email him here.
- 2010 Cannondale Carbon 6 size 58. It has Tiagra components on it. It has a few minor nicks in the paint and one rim, but otherwise is in great shape. The wheels are Shimano R500. Looking for $500. email Coach Brett here if you're interested
2) Make sure to fill out the waiver to participate in practices! you can fill out the waiver here! You can't technically practice with us until you fill this out, so get it done, ASAP!
3) Training plans are free until November 1. Please make sure to check them out and come to practices to complete the workouts! To complete workouts that are not during scheduled practice, you can do them on your own OR you can schedule them with small groups by using our public facebook page (click here). Make sure to "like" this page ASAP!
4) Our Normal Practice Schedule is:
Monday: Swim, 830pm, Pool Deck (Starting Oct 7)
Wednesday: Spin, 8pm, 3rd Basketball Court
Thursday: Swim, 830pm, Pool Deck
Sunday: Brick, 930am, 3rd Basketball Court
Coming to practice is the BEST way to get to know our members and train effectively! You'll be helped by our coaches and more seasoned members!
5) Outdoor Rides will happen until it's too cold, and then VQ will start! Keep riding until your fingers turn blue...then we'll go inside :). Check the FB page for info!
1) Want to unsubscribe from the listserv? SAD. But here's how:
a) send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org without any subject line
b) type UNSUBSCRIBE triathlon in the paragraph section
c) if this doesn't work, email me and we will take you off manually.
2) Bar Louie Tuesdays will continue this fall! Come to our first one this Tuesday! Look on the facebook page for details!
3) Don't forget to "like" our facebook page to receive workout updates! Click here to like our page!
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
"click here"- Varun B. (on fire with the quote of the week AGAIN!!!)
SHOUT OUT OF THE WEEK!
Shout out to all of our members who raced the MARATHON this weekend! Congrats especially to our own president Nikhil for taking 3rd in his division and running sub 3!!!!
That's all I've got for this week folks! I hope you're excited for this week! I know I am!
If you have any submissions (race reports or announcements for the team) for the TWT please email me at