GREAT JOB TODAY EVERYONE AT THE KRISPY KREME 5K! It was a lot of fun, and we had a great showing! We hope you had fun!
Click Here to view results if you raced! Congrats to our New Member Will Dearden for placing first!
1) We will be having a swim clinic with Coach Brett and Coach Emily on Sunday morning, October 27th, at 9:30 AM, instead of our bike/run.Please mark your calendars and try to attend this, as it will be a great opportunity to work on your stroke with our knowledgable coaches!
2) Interested in a running race? We've gotten info for MANY coming up soon. People have already signed up for many of these, just ask around at practice!
-Saturday Oct 26, 2013 930am: Northwestern for Special Olympics 5K (sign up here)
-Saturday Nov 2, 2013 1pm: India Run for Hope 5K (sign up here)
-Saturday Nov 2, 2013 time TBD: Sigma Nu and American Red Cross Club 5K (sign up TBA)
-Sunday Nov 3, 2013 7am: Hot Chocolate 15/5K (sign up here)
-Saturday Nov 9, 2013 730am: Chicago Perfect 10 10K and 10 mile run (sign up here)
-Saturday January 25, 2013 10am: F^3 Winter Lake Half Marathon (sign up here)
**THIS SATURDAY, all intermediate and elite athletes can either run a 5k or do 4X1600, so if you'd rather not run 4x1600, sign up for the Northwestern For Special Olympics 5K, and we can all do it together.**
4) If you did not attend the first pylometrics session, do not attend later in the season, as you can hurt yourself.
5) Get your DUES in, folks! This is our last full week of practice that is free, starting Nov 1, you will need a password to access workouts, and you will not be allowed at practices if you have not paid. Dues are $175, and this covers all of our coaching, car transportation, lodging, a lot of nationals and much more! There will be a complimentary team cap and t-shirt after everyone gets their dues in!
6) The Listserv is now closed to public posts-- only exec and coaches can post on the listserv at this time. Please email me if you would like something posted, or post it on the facebook page. Thanks!
1) We've got some BIKE offers!
- 2004 Cervelo Dual, 56cm. Probably for someone in the 5'10'' to 6' range. If you are interested, email him here.
- 2010 Cannondale Carbon 6 size 58. It has Tiagra components on it. It has a few minor nicks in the paint and one rim, but otherwise is in great shape. The wheels are Shimano R500. Looking for $500. email Coach Brett here if you're interested
-2008 Time VXR size 58 with 120 mm stem. The bike has Campagnolo Record components and Mavic Open Pro rims with DT Swiss spokes and Record hubs. The MSRP on the module (frame, fork, and stem) was $4,000. With the components and wheels the value of the bicycle is around $6,000. I am asking $3,000 for the bike as is (no pedals or saddle). It is in fantastic shape; for the past four years I've only ridden it one to two days per week. Email Casey here if you're interested
-1990s Schwinn women's entry level road bike. It's an old frame with all new components (Shimano entry level), only has about 100 miles on it. Rides like a champ and is perfect if you're not ready to put down a lot of money but would like to ride outside. Asking $150, was sold at $225. Email Claire here if you're interested.
2) Make sure to fill out the waiver to participate in practices! you can fill out the waiver here! You can't technically practice with us until you fill this out, so get it done, ASAP!
3) Training plans are free until November 1. Please make sure to check them out and come to practices to complete the workouts! To complete workouts that are not during scheduled practice, you can do them on your own OR you can schedule them with small groups by using our public facebook page (click here). Make sure to "like" this page ASAP!
4) Our Normal Practice Schedule is:
Monday: Swim, 830pm, Pool Deck (Starting Oct 7)
Wednesday: Spin, 8pm, 3rd Basketball Court
Thursday: Swim, 830pm, Pool Deck
Sunday: Brick, 930am, 3rd Basketball Court
Coming to practice is the BEST way to get to know our members and train effectively! You'll be helped by our coaches and more seasoned members!
5) Outdoor Rides will happen until it's too cold, and then VQ will start! Keep riding until your fingers turn blue...then we'll go inside :). Check the FB page for info!
1) Want to unsubscribe from the listserv? SAD. But here's how:
a) send an email to email@example.com without any subject line
b) type UNSUBSCRIBE triathlon in the paragraph section
c) if this doesn't work, email me and we will take you off manually.
2) Bar Louie Tuesdays will continue this fall! Keep these going! Look on the facebook page for details!
3) Don't forget to "like" our facebook page to receive workout updates! Click here to like our page!
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
Varun on Saturday morning: "Hey Claire, where's everyone at, I'm at the lakefill?"
Claire: "The race is tomorrow..."
SHOUT OUT OF THE WEEK!
Great job everyone who came, raced, or volunteered at the Krispy Kreme 5K this weekend! It was a lot of fun, and we raised a lot of money for the team and World Bicycle Relief!
That's all I've got for this week folks! I hope you're excited for this week! I know I am!
If you have any submissions (race reports or announcements for the team) for the TWT please email me at