Also, great Job to everyone who came to our Swim Clinic this morning! Look out for a new page on the website RE the swim clinic which will have drills as well as pictures and videos for dry land technique. This page will be available to dues-paying members on Nov 1.
1) We will be having a Bike Clinic at Wheel and Sprocket on Sunday, Nov 3 from 3-4pm. Chris, our sponsor at the store, will give our members advice on what to look for and what factors to consider when shopping for a bike. This may also include an overview of how bike fitting works. Sign up here if you plan on going so people can go together.
2) Interested in a running race? We've gotten info for MANY coming up soon. People have already signed up for many of these, just ask around at practice!
-Saturday Nov 2, 2013 1pm: India Run for Hope 5K (sign up here)
-Sunday Nov 3, 2013 7am: Hot Chocolate 15/5K (sign up here)
-Saturday Nov 9, 2013 730am: Chicago Perfect 10 10K and 10 mile run (sign up here)
-Saturday January 25, 2013 10am: F^3 Winter Lake Half Marathon (sign up here)
**Our very own Varun B. is helping with the India Run for Hope 5K, so it would be great to get some triathletes out to support him! We got 7 at the Special Olympics race, and I know they really appreciated it**
**There is also a run scheduled on Saturday, so you could run the 5K loop 2 or 3X for a good run!**
3) Get your DUES in, folks! This is our last full week of practice that is free, starting THIS Friday Nov 1, you will need a password to access workouts, and you will not be allowed at practices if you have not paid. Dues are $175, and this covers all of our coaching, car transportation, lodging, a lot of nationals and much more! There will be a complimentary team cap and t-shirt after everyone gets their dues in!
4) VQ: if you're interested, look at the email from Nikhil (sent on Oct 21) with details, and after you've registered, fill out the google doc here.
4.5) If you're doing VQ, or planning on racing, MAKE SURE TO GET VAN CERTIFIED. You can get details for that here. It's only fair that everyone is van certified, so we can split up driving!
5) Hot Chocolate 5K Volunteering weekend of Nov 2-3. If you are interested in volunteering, fill out the spreadsheet here. Remember, if you volunteer for 3 shifts worth of races, we will pay for your USAT membership, which is worth$45!!! We will be sending out a list of who is volunteering/ when sometime early this week.
6) The Listserv is now closed to public posts-- only exec and coaches can post on the listserv at this time. Please email me if you would like something posted, or post it on the facebook page. Thanks!
7) NEW MEMBERS! MAKE A MEMBER PROFILE! (see examples here) Have you seen the member profiles of some of our current members? NOW YOU CAN HAVE ONE TOO! Just shoot me an email with the following info.
Year in School:
Years on Team:
What you love about tri:
A photo of you doing tri (or something athletic)
1) We've got some BIKE offers!
- 2004 Cervelo Dual, 56cm. Probably for someone in the 5'10'' to 6' range. If you are interested, email him here.
- 2010 Cannondale Carbon 6 size 58. It has Tiagra components on it. It has a few minor nicks in the paint and one rim, but otherwise is in great shape. The wheels are Shimano R500. Looking for $500. email Coach Brett here if you're interested
-2008 Time VXR size 58 with 120 mm stem. The bike has Campagnolo Record components and Mavic Open Pro rims with DT Swiss spokes and Record hubs. The MSRP on the module (frame, fork, and stem) was $4,000. With the components and wheels the value of the bicycle is around $6,000. I am asking $3,000 for the bike as is (no pedals or saddle). It is in fantastic shape; for the past four years I've only ridden it one to two days per week. Email Casey here if you're interested
-1990s Schwinn women's entry level road bike. It's an old frame with all new components (Shimano entry level), only has about 100 miles on it. Rides like a champ and is perfect if you're not ready to put down a lot of money but would like to ride outside. Asking $150, was sold at $225. Email Claire here if you're interested.
-2006 Felt S32 size 54 tri bike with Shimano 105 Components. Email Jason here if you're interested
1) Want to unsubscribe from the listserv? SAD. But here's how:
a) send an email to email@example.com without any subject line
b) type UNSUBSCRIBE triathlon in the paragraph section
c) if this doesn't work, email me and we will take you off manually.
2) Bar Louie Tuesdays will continue this fall! Keep these going! Look on the facebook page for details!
3) Don't forget to "like" our facebook page to receive workout updates! Click here to like our page!
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
"GET YOUR DUES IN BY FRIDAY"...said everyone on exec all the time.
SHOUT OUT OF THE WEEK!
Thank you to Brett and Emily for helping us with our swimming technique today! We really appreciate it :).
If you have any submissions (race reports or announcements for the team) for the TWT please email me at