A lot of repeated info this week, but PLEASE READ anyway!
1) DUES: thank you to everyone who paid dues! For the few who have not paid dues yet, they are due by Monday or you will be taken off the listserv and plans. No exceptions. If you are having a finance problem, let me know. Several people are on payment plans, which is an option.
1a) If you are on a payment plan, make sure to get the payment plan form to me ASAP so we can get that squared away before midterms round 2.
2) If you haven't already, please join our PRIVATE facebook group. We will be using this from now on to schedule activities like workouts and social events, so if you're not on it, you won't hear about them. Click here to join!
3) Our first Nutrition clinic with Linda Samuels is scheduled for Wednesday, Nov 13 in TECH LR4 from 7-9PM. It will be in place of Wednesday spin, so make sure to get your bike in earlier that week! Linda is very knowledgable, so while this event is not mandatory, we highly recommend that you attend if possible.
4) Our Nationals Meeting/ In Depth Coaching Meeting with Coach Brett is set tentatively for Tuesday, Nov 19. Put it in your calendar if you have any interest in more in-depth coaching and/or nationals. THIS MEETING IS MANDATORY FOR EVERYONE GOING TO NATIONALS!
5) Don't forget about the TWT photo contest! Not too many people have entered, and there are hats and water bottles as prizes! Here are the details again:
a) Post your photo of any tri activity (social or workout) on our public facebook page
b) make the caption "TWT Contest" to make sure we know it's for the contest.
c) THE PHOTO WITH THE MOST LIKES WILL BE THE WINNER, so YOU all make the decisions about who wins!
6) New members READ PLEASE:
Brett Needs someone on the Beginner Plan on Training Peaks as a representative for the group. Basically, instead of accessing your workouts online, you will access them via an app, and you will record when you do the workouts with comments, saying if the workout was too long/ short or too hard/easy. This will help Brett to know how to structure your workouts in the future.
If you are interested in being the representative for the Beginner group, let me know. I will tell Brett.
8) Congrats to the CHICAGO PERFECT 10 Runners! Michael got 1st in the 20-24 age group and Will took 2nd! Way to kill it, guys!!!!
1) If you're doing VQ, or planning on racing, MAKE SURE TO GET VAN CERTIFIED. You can get details for that here. It's only fair that everyone is van certified, so we can split up driving!
2) Check out the SWIM CLINIC information that is now on the website. It has drills for dri-land and in water. CLICK HERE for the info!
3) Sign up for the winter half marathon!
-Saturday January 25, 2013 10am: F^3 Winter Lake Half Marathon (sign up here)
4) We've got some BIKE offers!
- 2004 Cervelo Dual, 56cm. Probably for someone in the 5'10'' to 6' range. If you are interested, email him here.
- 2010 Cannondale Carbon 6 size 58. It has Tiagra components on it. It has a few minor nicks in the paint and one rim, but otherwise is in great shape. The wheels are Shimano R500. Looking for $500. email Coach Brett here if you're interested
-2008 Time VXR size 58 with 120 mm stem. The bike has Campagnolo Record components and Mavic Open Pro rims with DT Swiss spokes and Record hubs. The MSRP on the module (frame, fork, and stem) was $4,000. With the components and wheels the value of the bicycle is around $6,000. I am asking $2,000 for the bike as is (no pedals or saddle). It is in fantastic shape; for the past four years I've only ridden it one to two days per week. Email Casey here if you're interested
-2006 Felt S32 size 54 tri bike with Shimano 105 Components. Email Jason here if you're interested
1) Want to unsubscribe from the listserv? SAD. But here's how:
a) send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org without any subject line
b) type UNSUBSCRIBE triathlon in the paragraph section
c) if this doesn't work, email me and we will take you off manually.
2) Bar Louie Tuesdays will continue this fall! Keep these going! Look on the facebook page for details!
3) Don't forget to "like" our facebook page to receive workout updates! Click here to like our page!
4) NEW MEMBERS! MAKE A MEMBER PROFILE! (see examples here) Have you seen the member profiles of some of our current members? NOW YOU CAN HAVE ONE TOO! Just shoot me an email with the following info.
Year in School:
Years on Team:
What you love about tri:
A photo of you doing tri (or something athletic)
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
"If a clarinet recital were easy, it would be called your mother"- Emmy
SHOUT OUT OF THE WEEK!
Congrats to everyone who raced in the Perfect 10 10 mile and 10k race! Way to go! Oh, and Happy Birthday, JASON!
Also, thank you to everyone who came to my recital! It was so AMAZING to see you all there, and I really REALLY appreciate it!!! TRILOVE!
If you have any submissions (race reports or announcements for the team) for the TWT please email me at