Read read read! Lots of important info as usual!
1) Our Nationals Meeting/ In Depth Coaching Meeting with Coach Brett is Tuesday, Nov 19 at 8pm in Kresge 1-330. Put it in your calendar if you have any interest in more in-depth coaching and/or nationals. THIS MEETING IS MANDATORY FOR EVERYONE GOING TO NATIONALS!
2) NEED A UNIFORM/ Cycling Kit? READ THIS: Michael has ordered a fit kit from Hincapie (our uniform brand) for us to try on. Fittings will be before (and not after) Wednesday night spin and Thursday night swim this week. He will be in the lobby of SPAC 30 minutes before practice for you to try sizes of uniforms.
So if you need either a cycling kit or uniform, MAKE SURE to try them on so you know what size you will need. We will be ordering those soon, more info to come!
3) Keep Submitting to TWT photo contest! See the end of TWT for this week's winner! Remember, you get a hat/water bottle for having the most "likes"
4) New members READ PLEASE:
Brett Needs someone on the Beginner Plan on Training Peaks as a representative for the group. Basically, instead of accessing your workouts online, you will access them via an app, and you will record when you do the workouts with comments, saying if the workout was too long/ short or too hard/easy. This will help Brett to know how to structure your workouts in the future.
If you are interested in being the representative for the Beginner group, let me know. I will tell Brett.
5) TRIATHLON DOES THANKSGIVING! We will be having a meal next Sunday at Nikhil's house at 2:30pm! If you're interested in coming, sign up here and fill in what you will be bringing. It's going to be great!
Especially if you're living in a dorm, you can bring a pre-made pie, or you can buy cutlery, cider etc! There's something for everyone, and plenty of vegetarian options for those who don't eat meat :).
1) If you're doing VQ, or planning on racing, MAKE SURE TO GET VAN CERTIFIED. You can get details for that here. It's only fair that everyone is van certified, so we can split up driving!
2) Check out the SWIM CLINIC information that is now on the website. It has drills for dri-land and in water. CLICK HERE for the info!
3) Sign up for the winter half marathon!
-Saturday January 25, 2013 10am: F^3 Winter Lake Half Marathon (sign up here)
4) We've got some BIKE offers!
- 2004 Cervelo Dual, 56cm. Probably for someone in the 5'10'' to 6' range. If you are interested, email him here.
- 2010 Cannondale Carbon 6 size 58. It has Tiagra components on it. It has a few minor nicks in the paint and one rim, but otherwise is in great shape. The wheels are Shimano R500. Looking for $500. email Coach Brett here if you're interested
-2008 Time VXR size 58 with 120 mm stem. The bike has Campagnolo Record components and Mavic Open Pro rims with DT Swiss spokes and Record hubs. The MSRP on the module (frame, fork, and stem) was $4,000. With the components and wheels the value of the bicycle is around $6,000. I am asking $2,000 for the bike as is (no pedals or saddle). It is in fantastic shape; for the past four years I've only ridden it one to two days per week. Email Casey here if you're interested
-2006 Felt S32 size 54 tri bike with Shimano 105 Components. Email Jason here if you're interested
1) Want to unsubscribe from the listserv? SAD. But here's how:
a) send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org without any subject line
b) type UNSUBSCRIBE triathlon in the paragraph section
c) if this doesn't work, email me and we will take you off manually.
2) No BL Tuesday this week! We have the nationals meeting :(!
3) NEW MEMBERS! MAKE A MEMBER PROFILE! (see examples here) Have you seen the member profiles of some of our current members? NOW YOU CAN HAVE ONE TOO! Just shoot me an email with the following info.
Year in School:
Years on Team:
What you love about tri:
A photo of you doing tri (or something athletic)
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
"Varun's mom..."- everyone
SHOUT OUT OF THE WEEK!
What a great Brick and Brunch we had today! Thanks to Michael G for hosting and to everyone who came! Also, HAPPY 20TH BIRTHDAY NIKKI!
If you have any submissions (race reports or announcements for the team) for the TWT please email me at
TWT CONTEST WINNER!
GREAT PIC, MIKE!