Stay warm! It's been SO COLD! See if you can get some runs outside if you're preparing for the half marathon!
Read read read! Lots of important info as usual!
1) We had our nationals meeting this week. Please check out the powerpoints and fill out the nationals interest form here if you missed the meeting. From now on, all important info for nationals will be posted in this tab (Racing-Nationals 2014 Info), so make sure to check it for updates!
2) FUNDRAISER AT Buffalo Wild Wings: We will be having a fundraiser on Tuesday of reading week (week after Thanksgiving). Stay tuned for info, but start telling your friends about it! All proceeds will go to our Nationals trip, so the more we make, the better!
3) NEED A UNIFORM/ Cycling Kit? READ THIS: Michael has ordered a fit kit from Hincapie (our uniform brand) for us to try on. If you have not tried one on yet, get in touch with Mike ASAP!!! Fill out the form here with your sizes.
4) Keep Submitting to TWT photo contest! See the end of TWT for this week's winner! Remember, you get a hat/water bottle for having the most "likes"
5) New members READ PLEASE:
Brett Needs someone on the Beginner Plan on Training Peaks as a representative for the group. Basically, instead of accessing your workouts online, you will access them via an app, and you will record when you do the workouts with comments, saying if the workout was too long/ short or too hard/easy. This will help Brett to know how to structure your workouts in the future.
If you are interested in being the representative for the Beginner group, let me know. I will tell Brett.
If no one is on the beginner plan, this is info we need to know, because in that case, Brett shouldn't be taking time to write these plans....so if we don't get a rep, we'll assume no one is doing the beginner plan.
1) Training is going to be a little different this week because of thanksgiving, so make sure to read the training plan carefully. Try to find a turkey trot on THURSDAY, and make sure to workout on Tuesday (off-day is Friday this week!)
2) Training Peaks: MAKE SURE TO LOG or you will throw off workouts for your whole group!
3) If you're doing VQ, or planning on racing, MAKE SURE TO GET VAN CERTIFIED. You can get details for that here. It's only fair that everyone is van certified, so we can split up driving!
4) Check out the SWIM CLINIC information that is now on the website. It has drills for dri-land and in water. CLICK HERE for the info!
5) Sign up for the winter half marathon!
-Saturday January 25, 2013 10am: F^3 Winter Lake Half Marathon (sign up here)
1) BL Tuesday? Will people be around?
2) The Holiday Party will be coming up during reading week! It's a white elephant party, so start thinking of funny gifts around $10 or less!
3) NEW MEMBERS! MAKE A MEMBER PROFILE! (see examples here) Have you seen the member profiles of some of our current members? NOW YOU CAN HAVE ONE TOO! Just shoot me an email with the following info.
Year in School:
Years on Team:
What you love about tri:
A photo of you doing tri (or something athletic)
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
"Have you heard about Will D's mom?"
SHOUT OUT OF THE WEEK!
What a wonderful thanksgiving dinner we shared together! It was really great to see so many friends getting together, and it was DELICIOUS! Thanks Nikhil for hosting, and thanks to everyone for bringing food!
If you have any submissions (race reports or announcements for the team) for the TWT please email me at
AND THE WINNER IS....
A TIE! Between Sara G. and William D.! You both can get either a hat or water bottle from Michael! Congrats!!!