1) Thank you to everyone who paid dues! Look out for an email from Michael about ordering your t-shirt and cap! They are included with dues, we just have to get sizes :).
We will now be using a PRIVATE facebook page to schedule practices and social events. Click here to join, and someone on exec will add you.
If you have not paid dues and you would still like to be on the team, contact someone on exec ASAP so we can add you to the listserv and private facebook page.
2) Our first Nutrition clinic with Linda Samuels is scheduled for Wednesday, Nov 13. It will be in place of Wednesday spin, so make sure to get your bike in earlier that week! Location, TBD, but somewhere in Tech probably. Linda is very knowledgable, so while this event is not mandatory, we highly recommend that you attend if possible.
3) Our Nationals Meeting/ In Depth Coaching Meeting with Coach Brett is set tentatively for Tuesday, Nov 19. Put it in your calendar if you have any interest in more in-depth coaching and/or nationals. More info to come in the next weeks.
4) We will be starting TWT PHOTO CONTEST! Each week (Monday-Sunday), members will take pictures of practice and social events, and the photographer of best picture of the week will win a RAM hat or water bottle (your choice!) Here are the details:
a) Post your photo on facebook and make sure to tag our public facebook page, Northwestern Triathlon, to make sure your photo is submitted!
b) make the caption "TWT Contest" to make sure we know it's for the contest.
c) THE PHOTO WITH THE MOST LIKES WILL BE THE WINNER, so YOU all make the decisions about who wins!
5) Do you have FUNDRAISING IDEAS? We are trying to raise more money for Nationals this year to help subsidize more of the costs, and we need YOUR help. Comment on TWT with your fundraising idea, and the best idea will win a a purple club t-shirt!
6) We will be having a Bike Clinic at Wheel and Sprocket on Sunday, Nov 3 from 3-4pm. Chris, our sponsor at the store, will give our members advice on what to look for and what factors to consider when shopping for a bike. This may also include an overview of how bike fitting works. Sign up here if you plan on going so people can go together.
7) The Listserv is now closed to public posts-- only exec and coaches can post on the listserv at this time. Please email me if you would like something posted, or post it on the facebook page. Thanks!
1) If you're doing VQ, or planning on racing, MAKE SURE TO GET VAN CERTIFIED. You can get details for that here. It's only fair that everyone is van certified, so we can split up driving!
2) Check out the SWIM CLINIC information that is now on the website. It has drills for dri-land and in water. CLICK HERE for the info!
3) Interested in a running race? We've got just a few left as the XC race season ends!
-Saturday Nov 9, 2013 730am: Chicago Perfect 10 10K and 10 mile run (sign up here)
-Saturday January 25, 2013 10am: F^3 Winter Lake Half Marathon (sign up here)
4) We've got some BIKE offers!
- 2004 Cervelo Dual, 56cm. Probably for someone in the 5'10'' to 6' range. If you are interested, email him here.
- 2010 Cannondale Carbon 6 size 58. It has Tiagra components on it. It has a few minor nicks in the paint and one rim, but otherwise is in great shape. The wheels are Shimano R500. Looking for $500. email Coach Brett here if you're interested
-2008 Time VXR size 58 with 120 mm stem. The bike has Campagnolo Record components and Mavic Open Pro rims with DT Swiss spokes and Record hubs. The MSRP on the module (frame, fork, and stem) was $4,000. With the components and wheels the value of the bicycle is around $6,000. I am asking $2,000 for the bike as is (no pedals or saddle). It is in fantastic shape; for the past four years I've only ridden it one to two days per week. Email Casey here if you're interested
-2006 Felt S32 size 54 tri bike with Shimano 105 Components. Email Jason here if you're interested
1) Want to unsubscribe from the listserv? SAD. But here's how:
a) send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org without any subject line
b) type UNSUBSCRIBE triathlon in the paragraph section
c) if this doesn't work, email me and we will take you off manually.
2) Bar Louie Tuesdays will continue this fall! Keep these going! Look on the facebook page for details!
3) Don't forget to "like" our facebook page to receive workout updates! Click here to like our page!
4) NEW MEMBERS! MAKE A MEMBER PROFILE! (see examples here) Have you seen the member profiles of some of our current members? NOW YOU CAN HAVE ONE TOO! Just shoot me an email with the following info.
Year in School:
Years on Team:
What you love about tri:
A photo of you doing tri (or something athletic)
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
"Stop making me the quote of the week"- Varun
SHOUT OUT OF THE WEEK!
Thank you to everyone who volunteered at the Hot Chocolate 5K/15K! We raised a lot of money for the team, and it was great to help out our sponsor, RAM!
If you have any submissions (race reports or announcements for the team) for the TWT please email me at