Keep up the great work with your training, especially over break when you won't have people to train with!
Please read everything in this post, as there's a lot to deal with before break, and I want to make sure you don't miss anything! Especially if you're looking into racing, READ READ READ!
1) NATIONALS COMMITMENT: if you're going to nationals, we need to know by THURSDAY. Please fill out this form to confirm that you'll be attending.
2) DAYTON INDOOR TRI! It's MLK weekend, the 18-19th of January. Sign up on the form here and then sign up for the race here . Remember, if you're planning on doing Nationals and you have not done an MECTC race, you MUST sign up for this unless there is NO WAY you can make it.
3) Michael will email the team information with information on ordering uniforms and cycling kits within the next month. Here are some details.
-Uniforms: By popular demand we will be getting the Fluid Plus triathlon tops ($56, women have no zippers, men have half zips) and the Fluid triathlon shorts ($49, slightly longer, with elastic leg grippers). The design will be identical to last year. If you plan to race at nationals and do not have an NU Triathlon uniform from previous years, you need to buy one of these new uniforms.
-Cycling Kits: We are getting the Velocity jersey ($70) and Velocity bib shorts ($77) again this year, but we are completely reworking the design. Please send Michael (email@example.com) any ideas, sketches, or designs for a fun "sponsor" for which we could make a logo to put on the jersey.
Some examples from last year:
Draft Legal Public House
Dick and Willy's Plumbing
Cracked Cog Theatre Co.
Michael would love your input!
1) If you haven't done the run and swim test, PLEASE do those and send your times to coach via email or training peaks! This information is valuable and helps him to help YOU get better! The swim test is an 800m swim for time and the run test is a 4x1600m run with 90 seconds between each 1600. Check our training schedule for details.
2) Training Peaks: MAKE SURE TO LOG or you will throw off workouts for your whole group! Be honest- these are for your benefit!
3) If you're doing VQ, or planning on racing at Dayton or Nationals, MAKE SURE TO GET VAN CERTIFIED. You can get details for that here. You must complete this by FEBURARY 1, unless you have a valid excuse, or we will hunt you down. Once you are van certified, please fill out this form.
4) The half marathon will be coming up right after winter break-- please don't forget to keep training for this, or you may get injured during the race...and die.
1) Last BL Tuesday! I'll post on the FB page to gauge interest.
2) The Holiday Party was a great success! Thanks to all who came out and brought hilarious gifts! We had a great time.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
"Did you just really regift week-old cheese?"
SHOUT OUT OF THE WEEK!
Shout out to the 8 people who braved the cold and did the run test outside on Saturday. GO 'CATS!!!!
If you have any submissions (race reports or announcements for the team) for the TWT please email me at