There are a TON of important things coming up, so PLEASE read this through and let me know if you have any questions.
1) Nationals MEETING: Tuesday, January 21st from 7:30 - 9 PM in L211. This meeting is MANDATORY if you are going to nationals. If you have a valid excuse (class or something else important), please let Nikhil know as soon as possible!
WE WILL BE BOOKING FLIGHTS AND PAYING FOR NATIONALS IN THIS MEETING, SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COME PREPARED WITH YOUR MONEY AND IDEAS!
2) Bike Clinic will be Sunday, January 26th after spin. This will be a really important session where we will learn about bike maintenance, so please plan on coming if you can. We've had a lot of flat tires on the road, so if you don't know how to fix one, you should DEFINITELY come so you don't get stranded! We will be driving there after spin, so bring a snack to keep yourself sated until after the clinic.
3) Nutrition Contest! We will be having a contest through our nutritionist, Linda! I will be sending out the info for this in a separate email, so stay tuned! It will be starting Monday, Jan 27, so start thinking of recipes!
4) Cycling Kits/ Uniforms
Cycling Kit info was emailed by Michael, and your responses are due in just 2 days! Please fill out the forms so you don't miss out. If you missed the email, let me know and I can resend it to you.
-Uniforms: By popular demand we will be getting the Fluid Plus triathlon tops ($56, women have no zippers, men have half zips) and the Fluid triathlon shorts ($49, slightly longer, with elastic leg grippers). The design will be identical to last year. If you plan to race at nationals and do not have an NU Triathlon uniform from previous years, you need to buy one of these new uniforms.
-Cycling Kits: We are getting the Velocity jersey ($70) and Velocity bib shorts ($77). The design is sooper cool!
1) Half Marathon is this weekend! If you are not going to packet pickup, make sure to email your info to Nikhil ASAP so he can pick yours up on Tuesday! We'll be driving down to the race, so if you're racing look out for an email about which car you will be in.
2)VQ is happening. If you are not on the GroupME for VQ, let Nikhil know and he will add you. If you won't be making it to a session, please send that to the GroupMe so we don't wait for you. Additionally, if you have pod keys or van keys, you MUST make it to VQ or get those keys to someone else. We CANNOT have any issues with this.
3) THIS IS A TEST WEEK. Please look at your training peaks or the workouts posted, and be aware of the testing. Swim Test is Tuesday, VQ test is wednesday, Treadmill Test is Thursday, and additional run tests are Saturday. SEND YOUR TIMES TO BRETT ASAP.
4) Sweat Rate Test: Please complete a sweat rate test within the next week or so and send your data to Linda. She is going to use this to help you at our next nutrition clinic. You can find the worksheet here under #3.
4.5) If you're having any nutrition issues, please email LINDA! She's very helpful.
5) If you're doing VQ, or planning on racing at Nationals, MAKE SURE TO GET VAN CERTIFIED. You can get details for that here. You must complete this by FEBURARY 1, unless you have a valid excuse, or we will hunt you down. Once you are van certified, please fill out this form. There are two parts to the certification, so once you've finished the first part, you have to go to the club sports office and do a second part. You can get the info for that at the office where you do the first part, or on the club sports website.
1) NO BL this week, Nationals Meeting Instead
2) After the half marathon: we will be having all you can eat sushi at toderoki for dinner and then we'll be heading to my place for a party/mario cart competition! I'll post on the facebook page with more details!
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
"The #twtcontest is pretty extreme this week"- Jason
SHOUT OUT OF THE WEEK!
Congrats to everyone who raced at Dayton! Post your results on the FB page!!!
If you have any submissions (race reports or announcements for the team) for the TWT please email me at
TWT PHOTO CONTEST
And the winner is....
RAE ONDERS! Congrats, RAE!