We've had a busy couple of weeks to jump start the quarter with VQ, Treadmill Tests Galore, a Half Marathon, and...what would it be without unlimited sushi and mario cart?
Read this through: as always, I've got lots of information for you!
UPDATE: Sorry for the delay in posting--I had some posting problems, but I've added some stuff, so it's even BETTER than it would have been on SUNDAY!
-SIGN UP ASAP! Click here to sign up if you haven't already.
-If you haven't added your name to the flight spreadsheet, do that here
-Look out for emails from Nikhil or Jason with important info regarding Nationals!
2) Bike Clinic happened on Sunday, and we learned a lot about bike maintenance! Make sure to pick up a multi tool, mini-pump, flat kit, and oil if you don't already have those things. Everything is 50% off at Wheel and Sprocket, so go there to buy!
3) Nutrition Contest! CLICK HERE FOR INFO!!! SOOOO EXCITED!!!! (scroll down to no. 4)
4) Cycling Kits/ Uniforms We should be receiving these by the end of the quarter, just in time for nationals and outdoor riding!!!!!!!! If you ordered, get excited!
5) CLIF ORDER: is due WEDNESDAY AT 9am! Here is the spreadsheet to fill out what you want, and get your money ready to pay Michael ASAP!
1) Half Marathon!!!! Congrats to everyone who raced. Results are posted, and pictures should be up soon! Don't forget to do the second part of your treadmill test this Saturday if you ran the Half Marathon, and send your results to Brett.
2)VQ is happening. If you are not on the GroupME for VQ, let Nikhil know and he will add you. If you won't be making it to a session, please send that to the GroupMe so we don't wait for you. Additionally, if you have pod keys or van keys, you MUST make it to VQ or get those keys to someone else. We CANNOT have any issues with this.
3) The volume is going up, folks, as national LOOMS in the not-so-far future! Make sure to be getting enough rest, eating, and making sure to take care of yourself!
4) Sweat Rate Test: Please complete a sweat rate test within the next week or so and send your data to Linda. She is going to use this to help you at our next nutrition clinic. You can find the worksheet here under #3.
IF YOU GO TO VQ, PLAN ON DOING THE TEST THIS WEDNESDAY. THEY HAVE A SCALE THERE.
4.5) If you're having any nutrition issues, please email LINDA! She's very helpful. She's looking to get a few people who are willing to work with her and her intern on a more regular basis, so let me or her know if you would like this. It sounds like a really great opportunity, to me!
5) If you're doing VQ, or planning on racing at Nationals, MAKE SURE TO GET VAN CERTIFIED. You can get details for that here. You must complete this by FEBURARY 1 (THAT'S THIS WEEK), unless you have a valid excuse, or we will hunt you down. Once you are van certified, please fill out this form. There are two parts to the certification, so once you've finished the first part, you have to go to the club sports office and do a second part. You can get the info for that at the office where you do the first part, or on the club sports website.
1) BL 715 this week in honor of MICHAEL's BDAY!!!!
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
"Hope you all have thawed by now!!"-Linda
SHOUT OUT OF THE WEEK!
Congrats to everyone who raced the half marathon! AND thanks for everyone for coming over on Saturday, that was SO FUN!
If you have any submissions (race reports or announcements for the team) for the TWT please email me at
TWT PHOTO CONTEST
And the winner is.....Michael K. LOL!