There's a lot happening as we finish up the quarter and head into spring 2014, so make sure to read and let me know if you have any questions!
1) Nationals is in 3 weeks. This means that you need to be doing your training as accurately as possible to prevent injury and get ready for the big race! Email Coach if you have any questions.
1a) If you have any questions about nationals, please feel free to ask. I know it's the first race for some of you, and I've been in your shoes!!!!! Send me, or anyone on exec, an email and we'll help you out any way we can!
2) We will be having our TRANSITION CLINIC this week: Wednesday at 1215 at Long Field! Bring your bike, bike shoes, helmet, running shoes, water and athletic clothing! This is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED if you're going to nationals, and it is open to everyone on the team who has a bike!
3) Under Armor gear has been ordered, along with our swimsuits, bike gear and race kits! Look out for emails from Michael about payment for the items that have not been charged yet, and we'll let you know ASAP when our orders arrive! GET EXCITED FOR GEAR!!!
4) If you're going to nationals, and you have not sent Linda your Sweat Rate Test, PLEASE do that ASAP. She needs that info!!!!!
5) If you're planning on running for exec, start thinking about what position you would like to run for over spring break, and look out for a description of each position from exec. These positions take a lot of time, but they're SO worth it! If you have any questions now, send me an email!
6) The Nutrition Contest is extended through spring break so that younger members without kitchens can participate while home! CLICK HERE FOR INFO!!! SOOOO EXCITED!!!! (scroll down to no. 4) .This is the final week, and there are GREAT prizes including a blender and gift cards to whole foods Nationals is in 3 weeks!
1) OUTDOOR RIDING STARTS NOW. Check the FB page for ride announcements, or post one if you want to go! Generally, we ride Wednesday, Friday and Sunday, so look out for posts leading up to those days.
1a) However, we will still have Wednesday spins and Sunday bricks, so keep coming even if you don't have a bike! These sessions may be less crowded, but it's a good chance for the bike-less folks to use their leadership skills when our older members aren't around!
1b) If you are thinking about getting a bike, TALK TO EXEC! We can help you to figure out what would be affordable and a good fit for you right now!
2) We have our first SUPERBRICK this weekend. That means you'll be switching from bike to run to bike to run to bike to run to......well, you get the idea. Let someone know if you haven't done one before and we'll show you how it's done. Perhaps a group will go out for people who are still around over break?
3) We will be sending out wave spots for nationals soon. The mixed-relay has been announced, and it will be Claire N, Michael K, Sam S and Will L! Have fun!!!!
1) NO BL THIS WEEK: instead we will be doing Chipotle and Andy's at 8pm on Tuesday! Meet on Church street at Chipotle!
2) If you've stopped coming to practice, it's never to late to get back into training! Memphis in May is a great race, especially for beginners, and we'd love to see some new members get training for it! Email me if you have any questions!
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
SHOUT OUT OF THE WEEK!
Shout out to Nikhil for hosting a great brunch this morning. It was DELICIOUS!
If you have any submissions (race reports or announcements for the team) for the TWT please email me at
TWT PHOTO CONTEST!!!
and the winner is...