A LOT of information this week, so please read up.
1) If you haven't read the raceblog or tagged yourself in pictures, please do so! There's a lot of great action shots as well as some really wonderful team photos. Also, check out this great video from nationals that features our team several times!
2) ELECTIONS are happening this week.
- If you have been nominated for a position, please respond to Nikhil with what you are running for by Noon on Monday
- Elections will be held in LR 4 at 8 PM on Wednesday, April 16th
- We would love to see as many people come out as possible, this is YOUR opportunity to influence the club for next year and we really want the whole team to be in support of our exec board for next year. Please come and vote for the candidates that you think will best represent NUTri next year.
3) Our next race is Memphis in May, which is coming up on May 18, 2014.
- Fill out this form if you plan on going to Memphis
-Here is the info from their website. They have a sprint and olympic distance race, so if you're new and would like to try your first race, this is a GREAT one! It's a ton of fun, it's warm, and they have GREAT pulled pork sandwiches down there :).
4) If you cannot make it to Memphis, we will also be doing a sprint race in Niles, IL (close by) on May 18 called the Leaning Tower Triathlon. IT IS HIGHLY SUGGESTED THAT YOU ATTEND THIS IF YOU CAN'T DO MEMPHIS. Here is the info about the race, the price goes up next week, so if you're planning to race think about registering asap.
5) We will be sending out a summer racing form soon. Please look out for that email. A few things to note as you make your summer plans:
-You MUST race in a MECTC race this summer if you want to compete at nationals next year.
-You MUST race extensively to earn a draft legal spot.
The email will have much more detailed information.
6) If you still owe Nikhil pod money for VQ, please get that to him ASAP.
1) Girls should have received an email about outdoor rides. If you did not receive this email and you have a bike (and would like to come on outdoor rides), please email me. For now, there will always be a girls ride at 630am on Wednesday and 830am on Sunday, leaving from the corner of Sherman and Noyes. Friday rides will be more casual.
1a) However, we will still have Wednesday spins and Sunday bricks, so keep coming even if you don't have a bike! These sessions may be less crowded, but it's a good chance for the bike-less folks to use their leadership skills when our older members aren't around!
1b) If you are thinking about getting a bike, TALK TO EXEC! We can help you to figure out what would be affordable and a good fit for you right now!
2) There will be a run clinic next Saturday April 26, probably around 930AM. Stay tuned for more information, but mark it in your calendars, as Coach is coming!
3) As we have more track workouts, we will either head to ETHS or New Trier, so plan your days accordingly so you can make it to those.
4) As we have more workouts outside of practice time, please try to find a buddy around your speed to go with. This will help you to get faster and also be safe.
1) Niki has offered up her house for a fun Memorial Day weekend party! Sign up on this form if you're interested.
2) BL this week?
3) If you've stopped coming to practice, it's never to late to get back into training! Memphis in May is a great race, especially for beginners, and we'd love to see some new members get training for it! Email me if you have any questions!
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
"Let's go help Jason in the kitchen!"
SHOUT OUT OF THE WEEK!
Shout out to Varun's mom for just taking such great care of us!
If you have any submissions (race reports or announcements for the team) for the TWT please email me at
TWT PHOTO CONTEST!!!
and the winner is...
CONGRATS Rob, I officially hate you.