We've got a lot going on this week, especially TESTING, so make sure to take a look at the workouts so you know what's going on!
Also, I think this may be my last TWT. SO SAD! So read carefully!!! I've loved being your communications chair, and I hope you have enjoyed putting up with me :).
1) If you haven't read the raceblog or tagged yourself in pictures, please do so! There's a lot of great action shots as well as some really wonderful team photos. Also, check out this great video from nationals that features our team several times!
2) ELECTIONS happened last week, and we have a new exec board:
President: Jason Riddell
Vice President: Michael Knudson
Treasurer: Renee Hensiek
Communications: Nicola Rhyan
Merchandise: Nour Alharithi
Fundraising: Rachel Onders
Congratulations, guys! SO EXCITING!!!
3) Our next race is Memphis in May, which is coming up on May 18, 2014.
- Fill out this NEW form if you plan on going to Memphis
-Here is the info from their website. They have a sprint and olympic distance race, so if you're new and would like to try your first race, this is a GREAT one! It's a ton of fun, it's warm, and they have GREAT pulled pork sandwiches down there :).
4) If you cannot make it to Memphis, we will also be doing a sprint race in Niles, IL (close by) on May 18 called the Leaning Tower Triathlon. IT IS HIGHLY SUGGESTED THAT YOU ATTEND THIS IF YOU CAN'T DO MEMPHIS. Here is the info about the race, the price goes up next week, so if you're planning to race think about registering asap.
5) We will be sending out a summer racing form soon. Please look out for that email. A few things to note as you make your summer plans:
-You MUST race in a MECTC race this summer if you want to compete at nationals next year.
-You MUST race extensively to earn a draft legal spot.
The email will have much more detailed information.
6) If you still owe Nikhil pod money for VQ, please get that to him ASAP.
1) Girls should now be on "bike buddies" if they're riding outside. Please email me if you are not on this GroupMe.
1a) However, we will still have Wednesday spins and Sunday bricks, so keep coming even if you don't have a bike! These sessions may be less crowded, but it's a good chance for the bike-less folks to use their leadership skills when our older members aren't around!
1b) If you are thinking about getting a bike, TALK TO EXEC! We can help you to figure out what would be affordable and a good fit for you right now! Emily Blim is interested in a bike in the $100-150 range, so email her if you have one.
2) There will be a run clinic next Saturday April 26, probably around 930AM. Stay tuned for more information, but mark it in your calendars, as Coach is coming!
3) As we have more track workouts, we will either head to ETHS or New Trier, so plan your days accordingly so you can make it to those.
4) As we have more workouts outside of practice time, please try to find a buddy around your speed to go with. This will help you to get faster and also be safe.
1) Niki has offered up her house for a fun Memorial Day weekend party! Sign up on this form if you're interested.
2) BL this week?
3) If you've stopped coming to practice, it's never to late to get back into training! Memphis in May is a great race, especially for beginners, and we'd love to see some new members get training for it! Email me if you have any questions!
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
"I can't run. My garmin won't connect to satellites"
SHOUT OUT OF THE WEEK!
Shout out to your outgoing exec board! GREAT job this year, everyone, and congratulations to the newbies!
If you have any submissions (race reports or announcements for the team) for the TWT please email me at
TWT PHOTO CONTEST!!!
and the winner is...