Check out the race blog for info on the weekend! There are lots of pictures and some info about what we were up to! There are also links to results, and our other social media sites, which have some interesting info as well.
Some important things coming up, so please read!
1) Nationals just happened. Yeah.
1a) If you raced, you have this week off. If you didn't race, training still continues!
2) Our next race is Memphis in May, which is coming up on May 18, 2014. Please start to look at your calendars to see if you can make this race. Here is the info from their website. They have a sprint and olympic distance race, so if you're new and would like to try your first race, this is a GREAT one! It's a ton of fun, it's warm, and they have GREAT pulled pork sandwiches down there :).
2) Gear is in and ready for pickup! If you have not picked up your gear/ paid Michael, please get that done this week.
3) If you're planning on running for exec, start thinking about what position you would like to run for over spring break, and look out for a description of each position from exec THIS WEEK! These positions take a lot of time, but they're SO worth it! If you have any questions now, send me an email!
4) The Nutrition Contest is still going until we get enough submissions! CLICK HERE FOR INFO!!! SOOOO EXCITED!!!! (scroll down to no. 4) .This is the final week, and there are GREAT prizes including a blender and gift cards to whole foods.
5) Bikes will be arriving back from nationals by Thursday. Stay tuned for a pickup time.
6) If you still owe Nikhil pod money for VQ, please get that to him ASAP.
1) As we get into the spring, we're going to have some longer outdoor rides coming up. Make sure to plan to go with a group and bring money, your ID, a flat kit and nutrition. This is very important.
1a) However, we will still have Wednesday spins and Sunday bricks, so keep coming even if you don't have a bike! These sessions may be less crowded, but it's a good chance for the bike-less folks to use their leadership skills when our older members aren't around!
1b) If you are thinking about getting a bike, TALK TO EXEC! We can help you to figure out what would be affordable and a good fit for you right now!
2) Please take a look at Nikhil's email about summer races to see if you will be able to participate. In order to qualify for nationals, we need people to race, so if you're around and interested in coming to nationals next year, see what you can do!
3) As we have more workouts outside of practice time, please try to find a buddy around your speed to go with. This will help you to get faster and also be safe.
1) BL this week?
2) If you've stopped coming to practice, it's never to late to get back into training! Memphis in May is a great race, especially for beginners, and we'd love to see some new members get training for it! Email me if you have any questions!
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
At aid station: "Can I get a new pair of legs with that gatorade?"
SHOUT OUT OF THE WEEK!
Congratulations to nationals racers! What a wonderful weekend! Thank you to our coaches, linda and
If you have any submissions (race reports or announcements for the team) for the TWT please email me at
TWT PHOTO CONTEST!!!
and the winner is...